Akash TomerManager - Content
FAQs related to Mining Engineer
Q. Is there a demand for mining engineers in the future?
A. The employment of mining and geological engineers is projected to grow by three percent from 2018 to 2028. Employment growth for mining and geological engineers will be driven by demand for mining operations.
Q. What jobs a mining engineer can get?
A. Mining Engineering Major Career Paths include Production Supervisor, Quality Assurance Manager, Mine Engineer, Project Engineer, Exploration Geologist, Geologist, and Senior Geologist.
Q. How long does it take to become a mining engineer?
A. A beginning mining engineer needs a bachelor's degree in engineering in addition to sound knowledge of English, physics, biology, chemistry, and mathematics.
Q. What qualifications do I need to be a mining engineer?
A. Mining engineers need at least a bachelor's degree to find a job, and many research positions require a master's degree or doctorate. After a graduate degree, a candidate can also pursue courses in geology, mining operation, mine design, metallurgy, and environmental reclamation.
Q. Is mining engineering a good career choice?
A. It's a great career to earn a competitive salary, job security, and good social status.
Q. What are the duties of a miner?
A. Underground production and development miners drill, blast, operate mining machinery, and perform related duties to extract coal and ore in underground mines and to construct tunnels, passageways and shafts to facilitate mining operations.
Q. What are the subjects in mining engineering?
A. Geology, physics, chemistry, environmental studies, mathematics, and economics are the fundamentals of mining engineering studies. Coursework can include rock fragmentation and mechanics, mine design, mine ventilation, surveying, mineral processing, and resource law.
Popular Mining Engineering Colleges in India
Popular Private Mining Engineering Colleges in India
Most Popular Courses
- B.Tech. (Hons.) in Mining EngineeringIIT Kharagpur - Indian Institute of Technology
- Integrated B.Tech. (Hons.) + M.Tech. in Mining EngineeringIIT Kharagpur - Indian Institute of Technology
- B.Tech. in Mining EngineeringIIT Varanasi - Indian Institute of Technology
- Integrated B.Tech. + M.Tech. in Mining EngineeringIIT Varanasi - Indian Institute of Technology
- B.Tech. in Mining EngineeringIndian Institute of Technology (ISM), Dhanbad
- B.Tech. in Mining Machinery EngineeringIndian Institute of Technology (ISM), Dhanbad
- Discontinued (Sep 2021) - B.Tech. + M.Tech. in Mining Engineering (Dual Degree)Indian Institute of Technology (ISM), Dhanbad
- B.Tech. in Mining EngineeringNational Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal
- B.Tech. + M.Tech. in Mining EngineeringNIT Rourkela - National Institute of Technology
- B.Tech. in Mining EngineeringNIT Rourkela - National Institute of Technology
News & Updates
Do you have any mining engineering colleges list at in Vizianagaram and Visakhapatnam?
Op Mining Engineering Colleges in India 2022IIEST Shibpur - Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology. IIT Kharagpur - Indian Institute of Technology. College of Engineering, Guindy. VNIT Nagpur - Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology. NIT Surathkal - National Institute of Te...Op Mining Engineering Colleges in India 2022
IIEST Shibpur - Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology. IIT Kharagpur - Indian Institute of Technology. College of Engineering, Guindy. VNIT Nagpur - Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology. NIT Surathkal - National Institute of Technology Karnataka. Please visit link for complete information: https://www.shiksha.com/b-tech/colleges/b-tech-in-mining-engineering-colleges-Andhra-Pradesh-3?ct=12182&sp=90&pn=3
I want to know about the fee structure at Girija Institute of Polytechnic for a Diploma in Mining Engineering.
3 weeks ago
Diploma in Mining Engineering program offered by this institute has course duration of 3 years. Total fee for pursuing this program is INR 1.10 Lakhs.
Set By: Girija Memorial Welfare Trust of India
Courses Offered: Diploma in 4 streams
Established| Institute Type: 2018 | Private
Placement of b tech at this college of engineering.
Hello, I would have loved to answer your query. But unfortunately you have not taken name if any institution about which you wanted to know. I would like to advise you to raise fresh query giving information about you and then seeking relevant query. Best wishes to you.
What rank is required in AP ECET to get admission for mining engineering?
Hello Indhu, these days large number of seats in engineering colleges are lying vacant fir want if students. Hence once you clear CET, you are bound to get admission somewhere or the other. About knowing for a particular college, I suggest that you download college predictor for your CET and star...Hello Indhu, these days large number of seats in engineering colleges are lying vacant fir want if students. Hence once you clear CET, you are bound to get admission somewhere or the other. About knowing for a particular college, I suggest that you download college predictor for your CET and start filling up different scores. Soon you will come to know at what score admissions close.
Best wishes to you.
Taking an Exam? Selecting a College?
Find insights & recommendations on colleges and exams that you won't find anywhere else
On Shiksha, get access to
- 61k Colleges
- 819 Exams
- 273k Reviews
- 750k Answers
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agriculture & Farm Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biotechnology Engineering
- Ceramic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Online Civil Engineering Courses
- Communications Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Control Systems
- Dairy Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Food Technology
- Genetic Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology
- Instrumentation Technology
- Jute & Fiber Technology
- Marine Engineering
- Materials Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Online Mechanical Engineering Courses
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Naval Architecture
- Nuclear Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Pharmaceutical engineering
- Polymer Technology
- Power Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Pulp & Paper Technology
- RF & Microwave Engineering
- Robotics Engineering
- Rubber Technology
- Silk Technology
- Soil & Water Conservation Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Textile Engineering
- Tool Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- VLSI Design
- Fire & Safety Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Engineering Physics